Thursday, February 5, 2015
«Wiki Loves Monuments» or "Wiki Loves Monuments" - it is the largest international photo contest in the world, which is a very noble goal - to collect photographs documenting the material heritage of mankind and make it available for free use by all people of the world. The competition was attended by professionals and amateurs from 40 countries that have sent almost 321,000 photos, 400 of which were awarded prizes. We chose the 30 best of them, the first ten images - are the winners of the contest "Wiki Loves Monuments 2014", and the rest - it's just amazing places on Earth.
1. Holy Dormition Svyatogorsk Lavra, Ukraine. (Photo: Konstantin Brizhnichenko).
2. The station Gare du Nord, Paris. (Photo: MrsEllacott).
3. Cormorants on the platform in the village Joevik, in the fjord near Tromso, Norway. (Photo: Siri Uldal).
4. The old oil mill in Vorarlberg, Austria. (Photo: Böhringer Friedrich).
5. Montfort Castle, Israel. (Photo: Eran Feldman).
6. Mount St. Michael in Cornwall, UK. (Photo: Fuzzypiggy).
7. Tower Bridge in London at dawn. (Photo: Fuzzypiggy).
8. The valves of the Victorian era (Victoria Baths), Manchester, UK. (Photo: RevDave).
9. Inside the "Teatro de Rome", Murcia, Spain. (Photo: Pedro J Pacheco).
10. Inside the church of St. Peter, Teruel, Spain. (Photo: Diego Delso).
11. Holy Stone tribe shamans themselves. Neighborhood Troemso, Norway. (Photo: Siri Uldal).
12. Shrine of Wat Phra That Khao Noi in Nan, Tiland. (Photo: K.Phothiwijit).
13. Assumption Cathedral in Smolensk.
14. Old bridge in Bratislava. (Photo: Izzino25).
15. Statue of Buddha temple complex Wat Si Chum, Thailand. (Photo: WORAVUDH).
16. Buddhist temple Wat Arun in Thailand.
17. Tomb of Bibi Jawindii, great granddaughter Jahaniyana Jahangashta - XIV century Sufi saint, Pakistan. (Photo: Shah zaman baloch).
18. Most of the Umayyad Mosque in Aleppo, Syria.
19. Khotyn fortress, Ukraine.
20. Bridge Abdoun, Amman, Jordan. (Photo: Khaled Sharif).
21. National Monument, Islamabad, Pakistan. (Photo: Abdul Baqi).
22. Hedge van Rebeecka, Cape Town, South Africa. (Photo: Nat Gold).
23. Old Hospice, Switzerland. (Photo: Zedipedi).
24. Old Chapel (1747-1750 years) - is the oldest wooden church in North America. Tadoussac, Quebec, Canada. (Photo: Natidu).
25. Saint Jovan Bigorski Monastery of St. John the Baptist, Macedonia.
26. Stone tower Su Nuraxi in Sardinia, Italy. (Photo: Francesco ghiani).
27. The ruins of the castle Dunamase, Ireland. (Photo: RafalZabron).
28. The fountain in Granada, Spain. (Photo: Armando Gonzalez Alameda).
29. The bridge over the Rhone, Saint-Maurice, Switzerland. (Photo: Inez).
30. Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa. (Photo: Steven Morrow).
Collected here are images that in January of this impressed the most Internet users - in any case, they scored the most views and likes: Train in the snowy steppes of Kazakhstan. View from the planeFields Moravia, Czech Republic Picturesque ice formations in Slovenia Eye poisonous frog, Costa Rica Dog cart in Greenland Morning fog Dawn in Yosemite national park jump off the boat, Red Sea, Egypt frost on trees Dawn of the New Year, Nepal Comet Lovejoy Shoal Belarus Seal among jellyfish, South Africa Meester's red hat Frozen River, Canada Elected Kaindy Lake was formed in Kazakhstan as a result of the devastating earthquake Freight train in Moran, USA Inverted iceberg Blanc, France After a snowfall, Canada